Last Sunday I got called to be the 2nd Counselor in the Young Womens! I'm so excited! For the last week I've been thinking of how much fun I in YW's growing up. We had the best ward and the BEST leaders ever! I'm so excited for Girls Camp, Youth Conference and all the other activities. We have AWESOME girls in our ward and I'm excited to get to know them better and be able to hang out with them.
When I told Isaiah I was excited for camping he looked at me and said - You camp? As much as I don't love dirt I do love the outdoors.
The best part of girls camp was this:
Hanging out with my girl friends. Becky, Paula, and I were known as the three musketeers...

Worst part about camping...enough said.
We called these B.I.F.'s (bathrooms in the forest :)

I noticed the date on the above pic is 2000. Some of the girls I'll have in Young Women's now were in diapers when this picture was taken. Wow...were getting old!
Here are a few more pics for your enjoyment....

This was the first year I went on the 4th year hike. I think Becky, Paula, and I went on the 4th year hike 3 times. I love the idea of backpacking it's just the no bathroom part that concerns me.

(If you couldn't find me I'm second from the left on the front row)
4 comments:
Yay Rose!! You are gonna ROCK! I wish you were my YW leader! And in the presidency...wow..you are too cool! Oh how I love the pics! I really need to dig my old camp photos out now! And I have to agree..I love hiking and camping, but if there's no flushies...count me out. Now you can pull out your book of handouts and redistribute! Go sista!!
You will LOVE it! I served in yw's in my last ward and I think it's one of the funnest callings you will ever have! Good luck... you'll be great!
oh good time good times! YEAH for YW! You are going to be AWESOME and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!
Yeah!
That was so cool looking at those pictures. We truly did have like the best ward in the world. I don't think I have ever heard of another ward being as cool as ours. I hope yall are doing good and that the adoption is going good too. Thats awesome that you are going to be in YW. You will be way fun and way awesome, those girls are lucky. Take care.
Post a Comment