Wednesday, April 21, 2010

She's Here! Addison Rose

Addison Rose was born April 17th at 6:34AM. She weighed 8 lbs 5 oz and 20 in long.

I'll give a better account of everything that happened later. I only have a few minutes so I wanted to introduce you to our sweet baby birl.

Our first family picture:
Just before we left the hospital. Can you believe all that hair!


She has the most beautiful blue eyes that we've ever seen.


Isaiah and I are so grateful for adoption. It has been such a blessing in our life. We're grateful to Addison's birth family as well. They are the most amazing remarkable people. They have become an extended family to us and we have truly been blessed to have them in our life.
We also want to thank everyone for their prayers on our behalf and for helping us to promote our adoption. Children are blessing no matter how they come into your family. Isaiah and I are looking forward to the days and years to come with this sweet baby girl.
PS: Can you believe we're finally parents!!

19 comments:

holli said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations Rosie! I am so happy for you guys. She looks beautiful. :)

Heather said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful, and she is just beautiful....especially love her middle name!

Lease said...

I'm so happy and excited for you. What a beautiful family.

Christina said...

Rosalie! Long time, no hear. This is Christina Affeltranger Swenson. Congratulations!! What a blessing! Adoption is near and dear to my heart too, as I worked as an adoption social worker for several years before moving to WA and becoming a mom. Again, I'm so happy for you!

Cristine said...

What a beautiful little girl!!! Congratulations to you guys and I love her name!! Will be fun to start reading your posts on parenthood now! It is sooo much fun! :)

Gary and Debbie Rex said...

Congratulations!!!! What a beautiful family you all make! She's absolutely adorable (Elizabeth thinks so, too - she's oooohing and aaahing over your sweet little girl!). Judging by your expertise with Kermit, you guys are pros already!! Good luck with all!

Heather said...

I am beyond thrilled for you guys!! Enjoy your sweet bundle....she is just ADORABLE!!!

brooklin said...

YAY!!! I was so anxious to hear of her arrival... probably not as much as you guys, but still. She is gorgeous-- congratulations!! I can't wait to hear more about your little daughter!

Adam and Bri VanSleeuwen said...

I can't tell you enough how excited we are for you two! We can't wait to see her again, she is so flippin' cute! Hope you guys are starting to catch up on your sleep :)

Amber said...

Ahhhhhhh for CUTE!! She IS ADORABLE!! Congrats to you both!! I'm soooo happy for you both!! Good LUck with everything!

Michelle said...

What a cutie! We are so happy for you guys. Have fun snuggling that fuzzy newborn head. We'll have to come visit and meet her.

Reynolds Family said...

Congratulations! You're going to be fantastic parents. She is truly precious.

Emma said...

Congratulations! She is so CUTE!

Janice said...

Congratulations! She is gorgeous. Welcome to parenthood.

Ellingson's said...

hi, my name is Aubrey Ellingson. Apparently we're in the same ward. The bishop forwarded the link & I had to take a peek at your sweet baby. I'm so happy for you guys! She's adorable & I look forward to getting to know you guys better.

Jess said...

She is beautiful! I love her already!

Erin said...

Oh she's BEAUTIFUL!!! Congrats! I'm soo, soo happy for you both! Adoption is truly close to my heart as 2 of my nieces and 1 nephew are adopted. It's such an amazing spiritual experience. I admire you so much!
Oh yeah, I LOVE her name! Just so perfect! And her hair..so gorgeous!

Ok. I'll stop oooing and ahhhing. I just can't wait to see her in person.

Elisa & Josh said...

I'm so happy for you too! She's beautiful!

BradyandShantel said...

How exciting! I hope everything went smoothly. Did you have baby showers? If not, I would be happy to throw one for you with the ward. Facebook me ( I am not much a blooger).