Sunday, November 30, 2008

Making Room for Turkey!


To make room for our Thanksgiving feast Isaiah and I ran the Cottonwood Heights 5K Thanksgiving morning. We had a great time! We got some cool shirts (love the mustard color) and even got to wear cool racer numbers and put timing chips on our shoes like Olympic runners use!


Here is how we did:


Isaiah 23 minutes 31 seconds


Rosie 32 minutes 24 seconds


Isaiah did great! He ranked 83rd out of 500 men and I was 189 out of 500 women. I did ok despite the 4 hills they snuck into the course. The hills KILLED me and even though I didn't make it in under 30 minutes I'm just proud to say I didn't walk! We did beat the Cottonwood Heights mayor to the finish line and got a ribbon to prove it :)


So we are officially addicted to 5K's. If anyone is interested in doing them I highly recommend it. It is a great way to stay in shape and lots of fun!!



Thanksgiving is by far my favorite holiday. You get to spend time with family without all the stress of Christmas and finding the perfect gift. I love sitting back and thinking about all the things I'm grateful for like...



  • Our jobs

  • Great Families

  • A nice warm home

  • Food

  • Adoption

  • A freaking amazing Husband!

Usually we go down to my Uncles and spend Thanksgiving with my extended family running amuck in the country and four wheeling. We decided to stay here this Thanksgiving and just relax. We had dinner with my family Wednesday night and ate with Isaiah's on Thursday. All in all it was a great week!




No comments: