Monday, November 3, 2008

26 Years Ago...

In honor of my birthday (and the really cool scanner Isaiah bought me for my birthday) I thought a flashback was in order.



This is what I looked like 26 years ago...



I promise my parents really did like me. Apparently people didn't smile in pictures in the 1980's!


This is my cute Grandma Warenski holding me and my brother Brandon (aren't we adorable ?!)


When we were little we'd get our grandma's confused so we referred to her as "Grandma with the white hair."


So...what did I do for my birthday?


I like to keep things low key. Paris for breakfast, Italy for lunch, and Cafe Rio for dinner. JK.


On Saturday night my family went out to eat at one of my favorite places- Paradise Bakery.
(If you've never been there they have the most amazing sandwiches, cookies, and tomato soup).

My Aunt Renee (on the right) busted out a kazoo and as loud as she could 'kazooed' Happy Birthday to me. It was great!


My birthday started bright and early with a birthday text from Aunt Renee at 6AM (yikes) then Uncle B call me at 6:30AM to sing me an amazing Happy Birthday (he is a great singer)...a nice way to wake up but it would have been better around 8 ;)


I worked a half day where my team surprised me with cupcakes and another lovely rendition of Happy Birthday. (Thanks Team!)


I ate lunch with Isaiah then went shopping! I picked up the above mentioned scanner, which (drum role) scans photos, slides, and negatives! It totally rocks since we have hundreds of slides from when I was a kid.


Isaiah brought home Cafe Rio for dinner then treated me to a back massage and foot rub.


I can't forget the text, phone calls, and blog shout outs I got too. (I cried when I read them.

Thanks everyone for posting our adoption info. That is the best birthday present ever!)


Thanks everyone! It was a great b-day!


(PS...now that I have a scanner watch for more flashbacks...girl's camp, college, it's going to be fun :)

5 comments:

candice said...

sorry i am so bad at birthdays! Happy birthday!

Erin said...

Well happy 26th birthday Rosie! Sounds like a great birthday! That's so great you are adopting. I wish you the best of luck in getting "selected" soon! My brother and sis in law just adopted their 3rd through LDSSS. It's an emotional ride, but well worth it.

Love ya!

Heather said...

Hey Happy Birthday!!!

Malissa said...

Happy Birthday Lady, it sounds like you had a great one! We are so glad that we moved where we did and have such great neighbors!

brooklin said...

YELLOW! Sounds like your birthday was a lot of fun. I wish I could have eaten those amazing Paradise Bakery cookies with you in celebration!