After years of wanting a sewing machine I finally spoiled myself and bought one a few weeks ago. My mom sewed a lot of stuff for us growing up. The fact that I never had to wear a cheaply constructed grocery store Halloween costume is testiment to her skill and dedication to sewing. She sewed almost every Halloween costume I even wore (I was even Wonder Woman when I was little), clothes for us when we were kids and even sewed a dress for me for a highschool dance. Pretty much my mom rocks and I'm hoping I can be even half as cool of a mom to Addison ;)
I found a really cool
tutorial on how to turn a t-shirt into a dress for a little girl. I went to the DI and found this really cute little girls Old Navy t-shirt for $2 and knew it was destined for a transformation :)
It went from this...

To this. Ta Da!
It was a little short on Addison so I cut up one of my old t-shirts and added a ruffle at the bottom for a little length.

Paired with a set of adorable Baby Legs warm ups and I'd say it's pretty darn cute. Isaiah even told me it looked professional which coming from him was the best compliment ever :)
3 comments:
Good job! I need to learn how to sew.
officially impressed!
Nice work! I'm just starting to sew too...something about a little baby girl is inspiring, isn't it...
Post a Comment