We tried mashed up bananas -Addison was emphatically NOT a fan! She puckered her whole face up then pushed the bananas out of her mouth with her tongue. She wouldn't even swallow what was in her mouth and just drooled and drooled until every last banana speck was out!
A few days later we tried some mashed up avocados - Addison wasn't as opposed to the avocado but she didn't eat much of it.
Last Saturday we got sweet potatoes in our bountiful basket (which if you guys haven't tried you SERIOUSLY need to do it - it's awesome). I have a friend who made all her own baby food, which I thought was a really great idea. I baked the potatoes in the oven then pureed them and froze them in individual servings in an ice cube tray. Luckily after all that work we finally had success! Addison likes sweet potatoes!
2 comments:
Mmm sweet potatoes! Still a favorite at my house. Mashed mangos and peaches are also good, but maybe not for a month or so.
Always start babies on veggies before fruit. That way they won't always crave the sweet, not like fruit baby food is sweet...yuck. Just wait til she wants ice cream!
I have lots of new hair blossoms too. Addison is adorable
Post a Comment