I've become addicting to DIY decorating blogs (see side bar for links ;). It's so fun to see these crafty amazing bloggers turn something drab into something amazing. I figured it was time to try my hand at it. I started frequenting the local DI's and eventually found this baby!
I sanded it down then gave it a few coats of paint.
I also added some vinyl numbers on it to give it an apothecary table feel. I wanted to get some new handles for it since the original gold ones really weren't my style but they no longer make 4" handles. Since I was too impatient to fill the old holes and drill new ones I bought some brush nickel spray paint and just painted the old ones silver. They look great!
We now have the perfect TV stand. I use the top drawer for our DVD player and the bottom drawers fit DVD. The middle drawers I use to stash some of Addison's toys in.
...and occassionally Addison and I like to play "Boxcar Children" and she sleeps in the drawers ;) JK.

Isaiah loves it too :) Nothing made me feel better than we he told me it looks like it was always meant to be green.

Isaiah loves it too :) Nothing made me feel better than we he told me it looks like it was always meant to be green.
How much did the dresser cost you ask? I got it for only $50! It's solid wood too. Much better quality and a much cheaper price than buying any old TV stand at RC Willey.
I'll post some pictures in another year when we finally get the TV mounted and the rest of the wall done ;)

2 comments:
look at you miss crafty creative! I love it! I also love the picture of you with the face mask! perfect :)
I LOVE this.....so cute! gotta love the DI. What is the name of the paint you used? I love it. did I mention I love it? :)
Post a Comment