Friday, August 6, 2010

Thanksgiving Point Farm

The weather was gray and daunting yesterday but I figured that shouldn't stop Adds and me from going to the Farm at Thanksgiving Point with our playgroup. In the past I have underestimated the weather (like 64 degrees on the 4th of July and all I had for Adds was a onesie and a light blanket). I wasn't going to let the weather outsmart me so I rummaged through Adds clothes and put together this outfit:

Pink courderoy pants, long sleeve jacket, onesie and adorable mary jane socks (thanks Cole...we're still lovin' the socks :)


Then we got down the Thanksgiving point - the clouds cleared up, the sun came up and it was 95 degrees before I knew it. Blast. Outsmarted again. LOL, I stripped Adds down to a onesie and we had a good time :)


She wasn't sure what to think of the pony...



But I think he thought she was pretty cute. I wonder if his special diet included babies?


Isaiah was at work so I had this llama stand in for him for a quick family photo.


The llama was actually really friendly and tried to kiss me!


Hay Horsie! (I love Addison's sunglasses :)


Hi Baby...



We even got to go on a horse drawn carriage ride around the farm. It was really fun!


Like most of our outings they generally end like this. Adds was all tuckered out and took a nice long nap for me.



I would highly recommend the Farm if you are looking for something fun to do with your kids or as a family this summer. It has tons of animals and is WAY better than the zoo (no concrete painted habitats). We will definitely go back when Adds is a little older!

1 comment:

Brandon and Celia said...

I haven't checked your blog in a while, but I was thrilled to see your beautiful little Addison! Congratulations Rosie (and Isaiah)! I am sincerely so happy for you guys! Addison is a lucky little girl to get you as parents!! (I'm ready to cry just thinking about it!)