Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Observations

I feel like the morning commute was invented to give people time in their cars to ponder and to observe the world around them. During my drive the last few weeks these things caught my eye...



I think there is an appropriate way to propose to someone, and a way that says I only had $2.88 in my wallet and cups were on sale. I'm pretty sure I would have cried if Isaiah proposed to me with cups on a walkway. I'm hoping that Kelleen said yes and that they name their first child Dixie.










The clarity on this is a little rough but this car has magnetic cut outs of her kids. This might fall into the category of things I think I'll never do when I'm a mom but I will have to eat my words someday. I promise to never put magnetic cut outs of my kids on my car.









On a lighter note here are a few things I love seeing every morning...

This is what I see when I open our garage. The view of the mountains is spectacular. Every morning I sigh and think about what a beautiful place the valley is.

I also get to drive past the new Oquirrh Mountain Temple every day. This temple is beautiful! It's really neat to live so close to a temple. There is a park just around the corner from our house and you can look at the temple while you run laps around the grass field. It's pretty cool.


3 comments:

Lease said...

It's one thing to be a proud parent but magnetic cutouts of your kids? That's going just too far. Plus it would make people drive to close to try and see what you have plastered on your bumper.

Rosie said...

ha ha ha, you're so right. I actually kept trying to get closer to see what was on her car.

Amber said...

That's awesome! LOL!! Can you imagine the Rex's putting ALL their kids on their van? Hahahah! Fun times! Great observations for you and i LOVE the view you have from your home! AWESOME!!