Sunday, November 15, 2009

Hard Hat Required

In case you were curious, here's the progress on our home...


Just a lonely lot and a lot of dirt...
On 10/22 they broke ground. They dug out a hole and laid the ground work to pour the foundation.
The funny part is they don't dig out where they are going to put the garage so there was an island of dirt left.



Then they set up the supports for the foundation.
After a night like this....



You get this. Wah la!




They spent a few days putting in the utility lines (plumbing down to the sewage main, etc). Then they back filled the dirt around the foundation.



Ah, home sweet home to be.




A little smooch in our future garage :)


The house really started coming together once they started framing it lastweek.
It went from a bunch of cement and dirt to this overnight!







The far wall is where the master bedroom will be, right now I'm standing in the living room.





Front door and front bedroom. It's hard to tell in this picture but there is an AMAZING view of the city from the front bedroom. You can pretty much see all the way east up the mountain side.






It's a little freaky to walk around since they haven't put the stairs to the basement in yet. I keep worrying I'm going to step back and fall down the open stair well. yikes!




Well here she is. I'm so impressed our house has gone from just an empty lot to this in about 3 weeks. They're estimating to be done by the end of December, early January!


3 comments:

Elisa & Josh said...

That's exciting! I didn't know you guys were building a house-having it built-whatever the term is. Looks like it's gonna be very nice. :)

Amber said...

That is so fun!!

Adam and Bri VanSleeuwen said...

It's really coming right along, so exciting!