Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day Houses


Happy Valentine's Day! While the holiday can be very commercial it's always nice to have a special day to sit back and reflect about the ones you love. Isaiah and I feel so lucky to have each other as Valentines!

So...for the fun stuff. Usually we like to get together with our neighbors around Christmas and do gingerbread houses. Last Christmas we were all so busy we didn't get the chance so instead we got together to make Valentine houses! It was so much fun! I think this should be our new tradition since Valentines is a much less hectic holiday!


Kaylee (next to Isaiah) is making a funny sad face because her house broke. She is always so ambitious when we do houses. She built a dresser and a bed in her house.

Alyssa's house turned out so cute. I love that she decided to peek through the roof in the picture.


Brookie's tactic was to put as much candy and frosting on as possible. She was so cute. Before we started she decided we would make our houses for each other. Whenever I added candy to my house she would say "Thanks! I was hoping you would do that!" What a cutie!

Isaiah and I love these girlies! Their parents tell us all the time that the girls pray that a birth mom will place their baby with us. Alyssa hopes we will get a girl but we would be happy with either :) We appreciate all the help their sweet prayers give us!


Thanks Scott and Melissa for letting us make a mess in your house! We had tons of fun!
Happy Valentines Everyone!!

7 comments:

tiffanie said...

i will admit that iam a blog stalker!! Im glad you found me!! I love looking at your blog!!

Taylors6 said...

Rose you seriously are so cute. I Love you and your hubby. You really are a perfect example of how a marriage and family should be. You sure are going to make some amazing parents! Your always in our prayers!

Elisa & Josh said...

I really like your new background and header. Congrats on 5 happy years!

Amy said...

What a great tradition! Candy house should definitely be year round. I mean it's CANDY, come on!

Emma said...

Hey Rosie! I too am glad you a are blog stalker...because I am one too! You have a fun blog :). I'm very jealous of those Valentine houses...they look delicious!

Brittney said...

hey rosie, I was blurking and stumbled across your blog. Its been such a long time. You look fantastic

Malissa said...

I haven't seen you in a while, so I thought that I would blogstalk you and see how you were! Fun valentine houses! Call us over next time and we will bring a bag of goodies!