Thursday, April 21, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday!

Addison turned 1 on April 17th. It's seems like 1st birthdays come all too fast. Addison woke up around 7:30AM. Isaiah was still sleeping so I went it to get her and sung her Happy Birthday. She looked at me like I was a little crazy since I usually sing "Good Morning Sunshine" to her then open up her shutters ;)

For breakfast we made waffles with strawberries and bananas since strawberries are Addison's absolutely favorite thing in the whole wide world ;)


While Addison napped after church Nicole and I worked on her cake. It was so fun having Nicole around to help me. I'm pretty sure I could have done a strawberry all by myself...







however it wouldn't have looked near as good as the one Nicole did! I did get to draw the 1 on there and sprinkle the poppy seeds on the strawberry. The cake looked so cute that I couldn't stop looking at it all day!






We even made a cupcake with a strawberry on top for Addison to gobble up.






A little family pic with our birthday girl...






This picture of Addison with her Grandma Prows is so precious. I just love it!








Singing Happy Birthday and blowing out her candle...







Addison mostly just smashed her cupcake. Isaiah had to give her an eating demonstration.







Mmmmm! This stuff is good!









I must say Addison's favorite present (hands down no contest) was the baby doll and stroller we got her. She is obsessed with this baby. She goes EVERYWHERE with us now!








It was fun to spend Addison's first birthday with both of our families. Everyone loves Addison so much!

5 comments:

holli said...

How wonderful! I cannot believe its been a year! Congratulations you sweet family and happy b-day Miss Addison!

Joe and Amie said...

It looks like she LOVED her birthday! I can't believe she is 1 already!!!

Team Beardshall said...

Ahhh she is SO stinkin' cute. I cant believe she is one....time flies when you are having fun. Oh and I love the scooby doo in the doctors office!

Nicole Guerra said...

That's the best birthday cake I've ever seen!

Jena said...

She is so cute! Looks like she had a great birthday!