Monday, May 10, 2010

Family Scripture Study

Isaiah and I love to read scriptures together with Addison. I took this picture because I thought it was so cute that Addison was just sitting there watching Isaiah as he read out loud.


I've been watching the last conference session on Sundays since Addison can't go to church yet. Elder Bednar's talk really caught my attention when he said this:

Youth of all ages, even infants, can and do respond to the distinctive spirit of the Book of Mormon. Children may not understand all of the words and stories, but they certainly can feel the “familiar spirit” described by Isaiah.

It's an important reminder that no matter how young our kids are it's never too early to start reading scriptures to them. Studying scriptures as a family brings an amazing spirit into our home and it such a blessing.

I thought it was funny that he specifically mentioned Isaiah. It was like he was talking specifically to us and was ironic considering the cute moment we'd captured a few days before.

We are so blessed to have sweet Addison in our home.

No comments: