Sunday, February 14, 2010

Our new kitchen...and artichokes!

I figured I would post pictures of our house as we get rooms put together. Of course the most important room in the house is the kitchen.

Here are a few pics of the kitchen under construction. There was a lot of dust EVERYWHERE for quite a while.


She cleans up quite nicely. This was before we moved in. Note the beautiful hardwood floor...ahhh I love hardwood :) We had hardwood put in throughout the main living areas. They look great!

All moved in! One of my favorite features is if you walk straight back through the arch you can go into the garage. This makes it soooo convenient to bring groceries in. We also love that the sink is in the island so you can do dishes or cook and you're still apart of whatever is going on in the great room.

The dining area is set in a lovely bay window. It has an excellent view of...our neighbor back yard :) Lovely.


I am also the lucky owner of not 1 but 2 pantries!! The closed door is a pantry that is inside the kitchen, and the open door in the back is the extended pantry. It is a dream come true. Our last house had no pantry to speak of so I put our food storage in the office closet.
Pantry 1:

and Pantry 2. I love that I can put food on one half and all my kitchen appliances on the other side.




Isaiah and I have enjoyed breaking in the new kitchen. Isaiah lost a bet and got to cook me dinner...Iron Chef style including a secret ingredient...ARTICHOKES! We always see these in the store and Isaiah tells me about how he ate them on his mission in Chile.



The Iron Chef himself skillfully preparing the artichokes.




I thought the artichokes looked really pretty.


Me enjoying my victory dinner of oven roasted artichoke, cajun lemon butter dipping sauce and lemon pepper grilled chicken. MMMMmmm. It was delicious!



Well I hope you've enjoyed your first tour. Hopefully I'll get more rooms finished soon.





6 comments:

Emma said...

Awesome kitchen!

Michelle said...

Your house is beautiful! I am jealous of your pantries. Have fun settling in.

Jonathan & Heather said...

Congratulations on the house. It looks beautiful.

Erin said...

Beautiful my dear! What a gorgeous home! I love, love the second pantry! Genius!!

Nicole Guerra said...

Your kitchen looks so cute and fancy :D I can't wait to see your whole house when I come to visit!

brooklin said...

ooooh i am jealous-- not about the artichokes-- just jealous of your house! it looks divine. remember the little people in apartment land with my pantry/laundry room/cleaning closet/garbage room... hope you are doing well Yellow!