Saturday, June 6, 2009

My Day Off, A Photo Essay

Isaiah and I normally have Thursdays off together. Since he had to work Thursday I decided to do some shopping. I after everything I saw I decided to title this day off "Rosie's Grand Photo Adventure."

Here are a few of the things I saw...

This isn't so much crazy as it is pretty and tasty. We decided to go out to breakfast and this was my oatmeal in an oatmeal cookie bowl from Paradise Bakery. Seriously delicious!



Outdoorsmen Mecca. We ran to Cabela's before Isaiah had to be to work to look for camping equipment for youth conference. Seriously-this place is ridiculous if you've never been here.

In the middle of the store there are animal carcasses posing. So weird.


Here's a close up of the weirdness.



Watch out little fish. You might be swimming now but you'll be taxidermied too if you misbehave.


On the way out this caught my eye. Yes...it's a baby onesie, Cabela style. It is the UGLIEST thing I have ever seen. To make it worse when you turned it over there were 3 lines of lace ruffles on the bum! The only thing that would have made it worse would have been if they used the bright orange hunting color for the lace.

I'm still cracking up about this outfit, mostly because I can't tell if they are gag gifts or if people really buy them because they think they're cute.

After I dropped Isaiah off at work I headed down to the Gateway to do a little shopping.

Have you ever seen a pink port-a-potty before? I figured since Green ones are called "John's" the pink ones must be called "Jane's"...ha ha ha. I'm so funny.


I found this book at Urban Outfitters. This sums up my long day of errands and shopping. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. My only regret is that I didn't pick it up and read a few pages.

1 comment:

Cristine said...

Looks like you had a fun and "interesting" day off! :) Lol...believe it or not people do put those ugly things on their little girls...I have seen them too. My kids like going to what I like to call the lovely store of death! :( Mostly to see the animals so up close that they usually don't get to see...don't really wont them to encounter them alive some where either...specially the bears.